Friday, March 2, 2012

Biographies





This started with an idea I saw on Teaching in High Heels. Her January 15th post had the most adorable science biographies, which I decided could be altered for 4th grade. I pinned it here so I wouldn't forget it.

You can see in the photo above how it became a 4th grade scientist biography. I will scan and upload my templates this weekend. (SNOW DAY today, which means I am not at school to grab it and do it today, but I will have to go in sometime this weekend to prep for next week.) Anyhow, the students and I liked this creative alternative to traditional biographies so much that I decided we'd have to make our Dr. Seuss one just as wonderful.

I hand drew the Cat in the Hat's hat and the thought bubbles. I will also load these templates! I adore how the final report turned out. The students get to choose which facts they include/feel are most important about Seuss, and many are going beyond the two books we read/are reading in class. The student versions are not done yet, but I will add a photo of the display when it is up next week.

We have one more biography to go, with two fun and famous people from which to choose, and I already have ideas bouncing around my brain on how to make them equally creative!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea. It is genius....and I will definitely be borrowing it sometime in the near future.

    ~Stephanie

    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will try to get the Disney and Hershey ideas up soon too.

    BTW, you're blog is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have the templates been put online?

      Delete
  3. Did you already upload the templates? And if so, where do I find them? I love your artwork! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love this template!! This is awesome and I'd love to use with my 5th graders for a research project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the template? I would love to use this idea with my 3rd graders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Where can I find the templates to this awesome activity?

    ReplyDelete